Montana Personhood Constitutional Amendment Passes Senate,
First In US History
From Personhood USA press release below (2/26/09):
"Helena, Montana - 02/26/2009 - Montana's Senate passed constitutional Personhood Amendment, SB 406, in a 26-24 vote. The amendment, introduced by Senator Dan McGee, passed on its third reading on the Senate floor this morning. This is the first Personhood Amendment in U.S. history to pass a State Senate."
"SB 406 must continue on to pass the Montana House of Representatives with a majority vote of 74. The race is on between Montana and North Dakota for the first Personhood legislation in our nation's history, as Montana's Personhood Amendment continues on to its House of Representatives, and North Dakota's Personhood legislation continues on to its Senate."
Six states are known to presently have Personhood bills filed in the State Legislatures for 2009:
- Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota, South Carolina (see bills further below)
- Maryland's and Montana's filings are each for a Personhood Amendment to their State Constitutions; the other four states have Personhood Bills for statutory changes to the state's code of laws
- Establishing in law (by statutory change to the state's code of laws, or by a state constitutional amendment) legal "personhood" for pre-birth human beings, at fertilization, with no exceptions, satisfies the requirement spelled out in the infamous 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, to "collapse" the [so-called] "legal" argument for abortion:
- The 1973 US Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision instructed that if “personhood” for the “fetus” was established at fertilization, with no exceptions, then the legal argument for abortion “collapses.” “If this suggestion of personhood is established, the [abortion] case, of course, collapses, for the fetus’ right to life would then be guaranteed specifically by the [14th] Amendment.”
( Roe v. Wade, http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=410&invol=113 )
- In other words, pass "personhood" legislation in your state, as a bill, or as a constitutional amendment, and according to the U.S. Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision itself, [so-called] "legal" abortion is over. As the article below reports, Montana has now become the first state in US history to pass a Personhood Amendment (to the State Constitution) in a State Senate (or in a State House) ! Praise the Lord !
- This effort of passing Personhood legislation can begin with finding even just one Christian, principled "pro-personhood" pro-life / anti-abortion State House or State Senate member in your state, and asking them to introduce a Personhood Bill. Look below at the links to the actual seven bills in ALA, GA, MD, MONT, ND, and SC (2 - House and Senate companion bills), and consider which version of Personhood legislation best fits your state's constitution, state laws, and state legislature. Pray, and get started !!! Abortion could have been banned over 36 years ago by vesting legal personhood at fertilization with no exceptions.
God's Requirement for Murder is Justice, not Regulation ! (Ps. 97:2, Prov. 21:3)
February 27, 2009 / Revised April 26, 2009
Read and download the entire report here.